Hello and welcome to par 2 of ESL jobs online that pay from home. I am advising you that I have NOT and am NOT working for any of the sites I list on my website. I do extensive research so that you don’t have to.
During my search for ESL (English second language) I discovered many that weren’t hiring at this time. In my previous post I talked about the ones who were hiring, but they didn’t require a degree or experience.
This post is part 2. These will also be ESL (English Second Language) jobs. You will be teaching children how to speak English.
All of these jobs will require you to speak native English. Some may even teach other languages as well. Like French and Spanish etc. The language you choose to teach MUST be your native language.
GVE-Golden Voice English Online Education
GVE teaches English to students in grade 1 through 9 through a video conferencing tool using GVE-provided teaching materials, resources and techniques. They are looking for superstar tutors that know how to use technology.
Indeed Reviews Overall Rating 3.6 out of 5
Glassdoor Reviews Overall Rating 4.1 out of 5
They are hiring part-time independent contractor to work from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. (EST) Monday through Saturday. Free training will be provided. I didn’t find the pay rate on their actual site, but they say they have competitive rates. I did find that Glassdoor has the average pay for GVE to be $17-$19 per hour.
- – Native English fluency required
- – Committed availability, at least 8 hours weekly between 18:00 and 22:00 China Standard Time
- – Qualified home office/location with an internet-connected computer with webcam capability (see hardware & software section below)
- – Minimum three-month or equivalent combination of ESL/EFL teaching experience, including part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
- – Strong communication skills interacting with ESL/EFL students
- – Must be punctual at all times and follow the agreed-upon lesson schedule
- – Passionate about language education
- – Will be required to pass an externally generated background check, including a criminal record report
- – Bachelor of Education
- – ESL Teacher training certifications: TESOL/TESL/TEFL
- – ESL/EFL teaching experience, which may include a combination of part-time, volunteer, community and coaching activities
– Prefer Internet Explorer 11 or higher
– Google Chrome of the latest version (minimum 61)
– Firefox of the latest version (minimum 56)
– Safari (OS X only) version 11 (minimum 8+)
– Microsoft Office Software (2010 or newer)
How it works ( everything listed here is per website)
1. If you are hired you will be given access to their Learning Management system (LMS).
2. You will input your availability into the calendar and students will be assigned to you based on who works with your schedule.
3. You will receive a message in your inbox about your next learning session; all you have to do is accept the lesson.
4. You will receive payment after your sessions are complete on a monthly basis.
Qkids teach English to children ages 5 to 12. You do not have to plan out your lessons. You will have a preset app to where you will access the lessons. You will teach 4 students per lesson. You can check out their Facebook page here.
Indeed Reviews Overall Rating 4.4 out of 5
Glassdoor Reviews Overall Rating 4.3 out of 5
Qkids use a variety of games as well as cute characters and stories to help insure interaction and that teaching is not only fun for your student, but for you as well.
Start date is ASAP per their website. The pay is $16 to $20 per hour (2 lessons). Your pay will go into the bank account you have assigned. Check are deposited into your bank account by the 15th of each month.
- – Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- – Earned a degree or currently enrolled in a university program
- – Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, or schooling
- – Technical requirements for operating Qkids online teaching program (more on the Apply page)
- Must teach for a minimum of 6 hours a week (12 lessons)
Up to 19 hours (38 lessons, lessons are 30 minutes each)Schedule your time slots on a weekly basis using the following time slots-
- 7 days a week – Morning Eastern Time (AM – EST): 6:40-7:10, 7:20-7:50, 8:00-8:30, 8:40-9:10Plus Friday and Saturday – Night Eastern Time (PM – EST): 8:40-9:10, 9:20-9:50, 10:00-10:30, 10:40-11:10, 11:20-11:50 (You make your own schedule0
- A computer with a webcam
- A headset with microphone
- Stable internet connection
You will be required to perform a speed test on your computer.
Your computers upload speed needs to be at least 2Mbps, download speed needs to be at least 10 Mbps. Click here to perform the speed test on your computer before applying to ensure your internet is compatible.
To apply you will need the following:
- Your Resume
Your availability for work
- A screenshot of your computer’s speed test
- You will need to record a 1 to 2 minute video introducing yourself, where you live, what educational background you have, and any experience you have with teaching or working with kids. You will also be required to read of tell a children story.
When doing the recording, I would do a timed mock trial. You want to speak slow and very clearly. Remember, do not get nervous and talk fast. You want to show them how you will be talking to the children, if you get the job.
You want to get your time as close to 2 minutes as you can, without going over. if you have done the test recording, watch it. Make sure you were able to fit everything in, and you spoke slow and clearly.
If you use your YouTube or Google account to record the video or whatever you used to record the video, you can send the link to them.
Below is a video from an employee on how the application process goes-
Landi English is said to be a HIGH END program launched by ABC 360. This program is only 2 years old. It was launched in 2016.
The teaching system they use is CLIL (Content and Language Intergrated Learning). You will be teaching students ages 5 to 10.
They provide you with the training to cover their teaching methods and approaches. As well as teaching plans and teaching material. Below are just a couple of teacher testimonials.
Indeed Reviews Overall Rating- none listed
Glassdoor Reviews Overall Rating 4.6 out of 5
I have to admit, the more research I did on Landi English, the more I liked about them. I researched reviews and most were good reviews.
The only con I saw in a couple of the reviews were about the program, and that could be due to it not being that old yet and you are tutoring children in China. Connection plays a big role. I would think it would only get better.
- Be able to teach at least 12 hours a week
- Present lessons in a fun and exciting way
- Able to instruct English according to a model curriculum, using core standards
- Must be able to participate in training and seminars
Landi seems to be competitive when it comes to pay. Their pay rate is $18 to $25 an hour. That is definitely better than most I have come across during my research.
Something else I liked, was the fact they offer competitive benefits as well. The picture above is a nice breakdown of what they offer as well as the income you can earn. Looks really good, doesn’t it?
- Bachelor Degree or higher (preferred)
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or other teaching certificates (preferred)
- Teaching experience (preferred)
- Be creative and fun
- Have great communication skills
Now, you may be asking why I didn’t add Landi English to my previous post for ESL jobs online from home with no degree. Notice how they say preferred? Landi doesn’t have anywhere on the site “no experience necessary”.
I would assume that those with a degree would jump at this opportunity because of what they offer. My thought is that if you do not have a degree, certificates and experience, you really don’t have a chance. I could be wrong.
The equipment you will need is pretty much the same with any of the ESL online remote companies. This one included something extra.
- A computer or laptop
- High speed internet connection with at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload speed
- Headset and HD webcam
- A quiet, bright and clean teaching environment
To me it sounds like they may have had issues with someone have a messy or dirty teaching environment. I mean most of us have a clean environment regardless if we are working from home or not.
Below is a REALLY good Landi teaching demo with interview tips. I am adding it because I think “Mr. Reese” is very good at his job. Maybe even to good.
- First you will click here to sign up
- Submit CV (curriculum vitae is used rather than resume when applying for teacher positions)
- CV Screening
- There will be an interview and contract
- Training and a mock lesson
- Complete orientation and profile
- Start teaching for Landi English
I strongly suggest reviewing the video above, or searching for a video on tips for the interview process (just make sure it is from a teacher at Landi English). Knowing what to expect could really help you land the job.
Researching ABC360 wasn’t’t as difficult as some I have come across. However, the site was really plain and pretty much just straight to the point. I wasted more time looking for a more pleasant site than I did anything. It was all for you so, it was ok.
I did come across a video about how ABC360 developed. It is a pretty awesome story. I started writing it but it would have taken me a lot of time.
ABC360 home based teachers will teach children not only in china, but in the Philippines as well. The children will be between the ages of 5 to 10 years old. You will teach through a video system similar to Skype.
Indeed Reviews Overall Rating 4.1 out of 5
Glassdoor Reviews Overall Rating 3.2 out of 5
Their website says they offer highly competitive salary, offer career growth opportunities and hire teachers from all over the world. They have a professional support staff for their international team.
- You must be available more than 12 hours in 4 days each week 6 am to 11 pm (GMT+8);
- Able to instruct daily conversational English according to a model curriculum (one on one
- Able to meet the needs of diverse Chinese students
- Willing to participate in organized training sessions and seminars.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA degree or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
- TEFL/CELTA or other teaching certificate preferred but not required.
What They Offer:
- Systematic new recruit training and on-the- job training
- Valuable online teaching experience
- Work with a flexible schedule and stable income: Min 12 hours per week and 1-year / 6-month contract
- Competitive compensation: $12 to $22 USD hourly rate and opportunity of pay raise every 6 months.
- Incentives based on teaching performance, up to 100 USD referral incentive
- Desktop computer/laptop access
- Internet Connection with 2 Mps download speed and 2 Mps upload speed (Wire DSL preferred)
- Headset and HD webcam
- A quiet, bright, and clean teaching environment/room.
If you are wanting to apply for ABC360 you can do so here. The very first thing you are asked is your nationality. You will then fill out the application and hit submit. You will also need to upload your resume, then proceed to qualifications.
This one has a little more stipulations (requirements) than the others did. No dogs, no fans in the back ground, a plain back ground containing no pictures or anything.
They don’t want you to have any noise at all. No phone, radio, TV, cars in the background. If you live in the city, I would not suggest having your windows open when it is nice weather.
I am not putting them down at all. If you are conducting class, you shouldn’t have any of those distractions. You may be able to ignore them, your student may not be able to. I can’t believe the other sites weren’t this precise.
Indeed Reviews Overall Rating 4.1 out of 5
Glassdoor Reviews Overall Rating 3.4 out of 5
The “students” that are taught have a much larger variety and age group. Jr clients from age 6 to 18, professionals from ages 19 to 65. The location of the students will be Taiwan.
You may even have those who have been taught English but want to increase their conversational skills. It might be students who are getting ready to enter the workforce or going to study overseas.
Your appropriate lesson plans based on the students ability level and background, will be given to you. It will be discussed during your interview process.
You will be able to have a flexible and personalized schedule due to iTutorGroup teaches its students 24 hours a day 7 days a week. More on your schedule will be discussed during the interview.
- TESOL/TEFL Certification (or its equivalent) required
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate students
- Computer literate
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field
- Minimum of 1 year teaching experience
- MAC or Windows 7/8 (latest service packs) Intel Core 2 Duo / Pentium G series or above
- CPU AMD Athlon 64×2 4400+ or above CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- Broadband Internet connection by Ethernet cable
- 1280×1024 minimum resolution
- HD capable Webcam
- Analog or USB Headset(Microsoft live Chat LX-3000 preferred) I T test will be conducted
- Chrome browser-version 40 or above
- Firefox-version 30 or above
- Safari-version 9 or above
- I E-version 10 or above
Your pay will be base pay determined by your experience and qualifications. You will have the opportunity to receive bonuses which will be based on how many students and the ratings the students give you.
What you need to know before the I T test for headset:
- Equip headset and webcam properly to your computer.
- Be in front of a clean background with no distracting items in the shot.
- Disable any anti-virus software temporally, in case of blocking the system.
- The test takes approximately 3-5 minutes (excluding downloading time).
- Windows Operating System must be Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or above with 2.00 GB of RAM.
- Mac OS must be version 10.10.12 or above.
- Please avoid using other programs when testing.
To apply for iTutorGroup click here. Here are the 3 steps you need to complete.
- Create an account
- Add your personal information
- Take proficiency test
I am placing a video down below just in case you are interested in applying. In this video Nikki, an employee, gives you tips on working at iTutorGroup.
Go Teach Some English
I have given you 5 ESL home based jobs, that to me seem like they will be a great opportunity. The research for these jobs for you, was extensive. Because you deserve it.
I hope that you have found at least one that you are interested in. If you do apply for any job listings on this, or any of the post on my website, please bookmark my site so that you can come back and let me know how it went.
I want to know even if it is bad. Not all jobs are as they appear. If this would be the case, please come back and let me know. I will have no problem correcting my post.
YOU are the reason I do this every day. You are the reason for the creation of this site. Which is why I would love your feedback on any job you apply for through my information.
If you have any questions concerns or suggestions, please leave them down below. I love hearing them and I always reply.
Best Of Luck In All You Do