We are going to look at reasons why some people excel at work online and some don’t. Are you already working online from home, and if so are you excelling at it or not? You aren’t already working from home and excelling, would you like to be? Perhaps you work online in an office, are you excelling at the office? Which one are you? Excelling or failing?
Are you already established with a business online, or are you still researching the idea? Are you looking only at work from home opportunities, a business to work for or both? Excelling either way should be about the same, right? Let’s find out.
Finding The Right One
When looking for a business online that you can excel in, you need to be knowledgeable about a number of things. This will greatly depend on exactly what type of company this is and what their requirements are. Is their business built around computer programming, will you need to know how to use Microsoft office etc.
When looking to work from home online, you may NOT necessarily have to be knowledgeable. But again, it will depend on what type of business it is and their requirements.
No matter if you are looking for work in the work force, or at home, you need to make sure it is something that will fit you. I am going to list some things to look for when doing a search for both, in the work place and work from home opportunities.
Online work In the work place
- You want to look for a position that you are already knowledgeable about.
- One that you have experience in.
- Offers training-if you don’t have experience but want to learn.
- One that you meet the requirements for.
- Research will be the biggest key.
- Don’t just look for anything.
- Be visible online to employers. Use a social media account.
- Have resume with you and up to date.
Online work from home
- Research is VERY important (stay away from scams). Online job services aren’t always what they seem.
- Find out EXACTLY what you will be required to do and make sure it is something you are able to do. There are plenty of companies that hire employees to work from home.
- Be sure to check where the interview and or training (if required) will take place.
- Will you have to pay at sign up. If yes then say NO. This is for online work opportunities as well as online job services.
- READ the REVIEWS on any and all opportunities for employment.
- What supplies will you have to furnish?
- Have resume with you and up to date.
Got The Interview-Now Land The Job
Online work in the work place interviews
- You have officially gotten the interview. It is now up to you to land this job. Remember how I listed some things to look for? I hope it came in handy, because now you need to prepare for the interview.
- Dress casual (unless it is a suite and tie/dress type of business). You never want to go in a pair of sweats and tennis shoes. You want to let them know you can dress the part.
- You are being interviewed for a position in the work force. That means that you most likely need to be knowledgeable about the type of business (even if they provide training etc. this will make you look good during the interview) it is as well as what type of duties you will be performing.
- Be attentive, let them know you are listening to their every word. When asked a question, be completely honest and try to be as professional as possible with answers.
- Prepare a list of questions you might have and be sure to have it with you at the interview.
- Remember to BREATHE if you get nervous. Good luck, you have got this.
Online work from home interviews
- I hope you did the research like I suggested and you are sure this job/opportunity is for you, otherwise you wasted a time and theirs. I say this because work from home jobs/opportunities may be that you joined an affiliate program for free, you still need to know what you will need to do in order to make a profit.
- Even though you are going to be working from home, some companies may require you have the interview in their corporate office or headquarters.
- Being knowledgeable about the job/opportunity will help you out as well as impress the one performing the interview.
- Depending on where the interview will take place will determine how you should dress, however, if you are being interviewed by telephone or live chat, I would suggest you still dress casual. Even if they aren’t going to see you, it may help you feel the part you are about to play. Dressing nice will help you feel optimistic and may even boost a confidence.
- If the interview is being done by phone or video chat be sure to write down the information you receive, and have a list of of questions with you before the interview.
- Whether you are interviewing in person or not, remember to BREATHE, you have got this.
Are You Ready For Those Tips To Help You EXCEL? Let’s Do It.
Online work In a work place-Tips to excel
- Remember the interview? They explained what the company is about and what is expected of you. So do it. Research should help you out tremendously, especially if this is the first time you have worked in this field of employment. You are working online, maybe you are required to use Microsoft word, you can search google on how to se it, even if you just need a refresher course. At the interview you should have been given information on the tools/programs you will be using, use google even if you have never heard of the tool/program.
- If they are training you, ask questions and TAKE NOTES. when, are on your own you want to have them to refer back to. This will help to ensure you are doing the job correctly. Using the notes may even help you to learn quicker because you wrote them and that makes it easier to understand. Unless you didn’t take notes or you didn’t take good notes.
- In the beginning do not try to be quick when performing a task until you are able to perform duties without notes or guidance. Speed will develop once you are no longer having to question yourself whether you are doing it right or not.
- Be thorough. Do not leave a task half done. Make sure to complete everything that is expected of you. Normally in the beginning, you are allowed a certain amount of time (probation period) before they expect you to be able to perform all a daily task before the end of the work day. This doesn’t mean to not try or to continue taking a sweet time, that could lead to termination. Your duties are a responsibilities, they are what you are going to get paid for.
- Be kind and respectful. No matter what type of job/task you are performing, I am sure you will have colleagues or some type of interaction with others. Being respectful will get you further than ignorance. This goes for any type of correspondence, emails, voice mails anything that involves another person being on the receiving end.
- Dedication leads to success. Unless you are truly sick or have an appointment, do not miss work or be late. To many call off’s or no shows could lead to discipline and or termination.
- Take pride in a job. This is what you spent so much time on researching, finding the right one, preparing for the interview, and is now an occupation. Being happy with the type of job you do, and those you work with makes for a happy environment. Take responsibility for actions, never blame someone else.
Online work from home-Tips to excel
- During the interview (if there was one) you were informed what you will be doing. No matter what type of company you will be working for or what a task Intel, you can not just start when you want. Just because you are working from home you still have a job to do. You need to accept that right from the beginning. If not, you are setting a self up for failure right from the start.
- Having the right tools and equipment will be a factor of whether you excel or not. Some companies may provide the tools, equipment and possibly even training. If it is not provided then it is up to you to invest in a laptop or PC. You don’t have internet you will need a reliable ISP (internet service provider. Since you are working online from home you might want to upgrade to high speed internet if you don’t already have it.
- Being willing to learn is necessary in any type of work. You may want to read professional blogs based on the type of business you are in. You can search on google to become more familiar with anything, I strongly suggest using it. Benjamin Franklin said it best in this quote ” An investment in knowledge pays the best interest”.
- You don’t necessarily have to be an internet guru, but learning about new technology and freshening up on a computer skills will help you to excel as well.
- Once you actually start working, there are normally tasks that you will be given that maybe weren’t discussed in the interview. Become familiar with them. Figure out a plan to be efficient as well as thorough as we are normally required to perform multiple task throughout the work day.
- You are required to interact with people via phone communicating with them over the computer, be sure to have communication skills and mannerism. You are dealing with an upset individual, put yourself in their shoes, it might help you keep a cool. You can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything. when, do speak, speak soft with no tone of anger.
- Working from home does give you some freedom but it still requires you to be professional about it. It is still going to be a career. Don’t take it for granted or you may be searching for another job. You need to maintain a schedule and a work flow as if you were in the actual work place.
Time To Celebrate
You have made it through the hard part so now it is time to celebrate. You have a job/opportunity you are happy with. It may have taken you some time to get there but you made it. It will be up to you whether you can excel at it or fail. You follow the tips listed above, as well as some of your own, then you should not fail.
Share how it is going with a family and friends. Let them celebrate with you. You may have been under some pressure lately and might not have been able to keep in touch as much. Maybe they have some pats on the back for you to show their support. You have earned this, now breathe a sigh of relief, unwind and enjoy.
You Didn’t Get The Job? Couldn’t Find Anything?
For those of you who might not have been able to find anything that peaked an interest or one that would allow you to work from home? I have you covered.
This post was created by me and I am a part of the greatest online community in the world. Wait, it’s free, so please continue to read.
I was given the tools and training to build this site as well as a free domain that they provide the hosting and security for, You can check out the review if you would like.
I am able to work from my home and be my own boss. I don’t have to hit snooze on my alarm clock. I love my job because I am able to build my site/business around helping others (my niche). You were to join you would be able to do the same.
All you do is pick a niche (something your are interested in in), build a site, get traffic and make money. I provided you with the review on this great platform above, if you would like to try it, no credit card necessary, just click below.
Best Of Luck In All You Do